Has a Busy Season Become a Chronically Busy Lifestyle?
Do you ever say to yourself, “I’m in a busy season” except that the busy season never ends? Has rushing become the norm in your life? Do you hurry from one task to another always running about 5 minutes behind and frequently canceling plans at the last minute? How often do wish there were more hours in the day or that your body didn’t require sleep? If this describes you, maybe your season of busyness has become a lifestyle.
Confessions of a Chronically Busy “ME”
Oblivious to My Chronically Busy Lifestyle
Cannot Ignore the Facts…Being Busy Has Turned Into a Bad Habit
Idealism Thrives on the Chronically Busy Person
Five Tips I’ve Learned to Help the Chronically Busy Person
- Confess to yourself and to a friend that you have a problem with an over scheduled life. Ask your friend to hold you accountable to your new way of living. If possible, check in weekly with your friend to review your progress.
- Look at your priority list and change your thinking. Give up good things. Good things are just that, good. But good doesn’t always equate to the best. Choose instead to think, “What is God’s BEST for me?” Go back and review your priority list in light of your new thinking.
- Create daily margin in your life. Add in time between appointments to account for the unexpected daily happenings. Actually scheduled margin in your calendar so you don’t accidentally see it as open time. If possible add on unscheduled day per week.
- Dare to have 1 day a week unscheduled. The chronically busy person misses the joy and magic of spontaneity. Personally, I have experienced a spark in creativity. When my brain is relaxed, I can imagine and create in ways I can’t when life is bumper to bumper.
- Lastly, Chicken IN! Give up the over scheduled lifestyle. Your health and happiness are incumbent upon it.
Honestly, being busy has made me feel important. However that is a lie. My value is not based on the demands of my schedule but in God’s love for me. He didn’t equip humankind to be chronically busy. Sure, we can endure a busy season but be alert, the season should come to an end.
I wold love to hear from you. Please share a comment on this topic or any others. Blessing to you and remember to Chicken IN today!!