About Chickening-IN (FREE Printable Below!)
Let’s start right off by clarifying that Chickening-IN is not about chickens, farms, or food. If that is what you were expecting, I’m sorry, but I am glad you landed here! Stick with me for a few minutes. My hope is that by the end of this article you will be uplifted, encouraged and ready to pursue the Chickening-IN life with me.
Chickening-IN is a lifestyle of courage, fearlessness and perseverance. Refusing to chicken-out in the face of fear or self-doubt. Relentlessly pursuing one’s best, God-given life.
8 Characteristics of the “Chickening-IN” Life
- Facing Fear: Daily confronting the fear and anxiety that keeps you from pursuing your best life.
- Stepping-up to the Plate of your Life: Actively living your life. Not allowing others to do for you what you need to do yourself.
- Living Intentionally: Refusing to live with a victim mentality. Rather, identifying goals, dreams and challenges… then making a plan to move forward.
- Taking Calculated Risks: Risk is critical to living your best life…thought-out, strategic risk. Being wise in all things and knowing when to step out in faith.
- Courageously Traveling the Unknown Road: Safety is in the known. Adventure, hope and possibility lies in the unknown. Dare to go beyond the familiar.
- Embracing Your Uniqueness: With all your quirks, imperfections and differences, refuse to be anyone but you. Let go of comparison…it is a waste of time.
- Pursuing your Dreams: God has put dreams in the hearts of his children. Don’t waste this gift. If you aren’t sure what your dreams and gifts are, do everything you can to uncover them.
- Doing it Afraid: If fear cannot be resolved, then be willing to take action anyway…do it afraid.
3 No’s for The Chickening-IN Life:
- Making Irrational Decisions: Chickening-IN is not about making hasty, irrational decisions without considering the consequences to your lives and the life of others.
- Letting Someone Else Talk You into It: Chickening-In is about discovering the courage within yourself. It’s not being bribed, guilted or talked into something you’re not ready for or don’t want to do.
- Copying Another’s Dream: Resist the temptation to do anything other than walk your own journey and follow your own dreams. This isn’t about mass producing the same person…it’s about finding your unique God- given gifts/talents and using them.
If You Struggle with Courage & Faith or Fear & Anxiety…I Have a Dream for You
For you dear friend, I dream of a life free from fear, anxiety and self-doubt. A journey where you fearlessly and courageously pursue your best, God-given life. Not a life without bumps and bruises…that is impossible…life is hard. Rather a life not held back by the fear of those bumps and bruises. I dream that your stance in life would be one of learning and growing…confronting your past mistakes, your childhood pain and the obstacles that hold you back. I see your life with joy and adventure as you claim your calling and embrace your uniqueness. I believe in you. I believe in the God who created you and I believe He has a specific plan and purpose for your life. I dream of you boldly living your life, and at the end of your journey, regretting nothing.
My gift FREE to you. Encouragement to live the Chickening-IN Life: Chickening-IN Free Printable!
Curious How Chickening-IN Got Started?
It all started because of one wise six-year old little girl who inspired her mom. A mom that was too afraid to make a big decision. Check-out the full story here: How Chickening-IN Got Started.